We are pleased to offer an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Construction Superintendent to join our committed and long-tenured team. This critical role will work under the direction of our Project Managers, and will be responsible for coordinating subcontractors, schedules, material deliveries, etc. at the worksite, and ensuring job site safety and quality control of the construction project. Projects will include interior commercial, interior renovation and construction, capital improvement projects and some ground up building construction.
The lead candidate will perform these activities while upholding The Rosenblum Companies’ track record of delivering successful projects that meet clients’ objectives with extraordinary quality and customer service.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding the scope of the project by interpreting contract drawings and specifications
- Coordinating the work flow with the individual subcontractors and jobsite team performing the work
- Working with the Project Manager to set up the job schedule, communicating the schedule tot he jobsite team, following up on a daily basis to implement the schedule, reporting the job progress to the Project Management team
- Being the liaison between the Project team and the building tenant(s) and clients where the work is taking place in a tenant occupied environment
- Conducting material takeoffs, ordering material, coordinating deliveries at the jobsite
- Maintaining a high degree of accepted quality control
- Ensuring a safe worksite
- Being able to look ahead in the construction process and identify possible problems addressing and resolving issues and concerns with subcontractors, suppliers, and other project staff
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a site supervisor in the commercial construction field
- Associate’s degree and/or equivalent coursework/experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to take charge of a jobsite environment and solve problems related to the construction process
- Ability to professionally work with clients, building occupants, subcontractors, and other team members
- Experience working in occupied spaces
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills with a professional and respectful demeanor toward clients, building occupants, subcontractors, and other team members
- Good analytical, problem-solving, mathematical and organizational skills
- Excellent initiative, work ethic, and reliability
- Knowledge of construction means and methods
- Knowledge of building systems (e.g. HVAC, electrical) and phasing of construction
- Ability to “take charge” of the jobsite team
- Proficiency with safety procedures and OHSA regulations, formal OHSA training a plus
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written form
- Computer skills to include familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and scheduling software
A competitive compensation package is included. Our employees enjoy comprehensive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and IRA with company match.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews of The Rosenblum Companies: https://plus.google.com/100346082914390603719/about
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.