We are pleased to offer an outstanding opportunity for a Building Maintenance Technician to join our committed and long-tenured team based at our corporate offices in Great Oaks Office Park, Albany, NY.
Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the Building Maintenance Technician will perform general building maintenance tasks for first-class office and residential properties owned and/or operated by The Rosenblum Companies in the Capital Region of NY. The successful candidate will uphold The Rosenblum Companies’ standard of excellence in customer service and building quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively respond to and resolve tenant/occupant service calls
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical and HVAC preventive maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous carpentry and painting, caulking, patching, repair or replace door locks, closers, and other building hardware.
- Unlock buildings daily and inspect buildings for cleanliness, quality and operation of systems.
- Complete periodic checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and inspections.
- Perform miscellaneous grounds tasks to include removal of trash, repair of landscaped areas, trimming, pruning, leaf removal and other tasks as assigned.
- Shovel walks and entrances during winter months to remove snow; includes arriving on site early to ensure buildings are clear for opening at 7am on weekdays.
- Perform miscellaneous interior cleaning as needed to supplement regular third-party cleaning provider’s services.
- Lift, load, and deliver furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Support construction fit-up work as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- General building maintenance and construction.
- Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
- Basic computer and smartphone skills
- Safe work practices.
- Perform a variety of basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical, maintenance and construction work.
- Operate a variety of building maintenance equipment, machines and power/hand tools.
- Develop and maintain a courteous and service oriented rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers)
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work in a variety of environmental conditions; ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Education, Experience and Training (two or more of the below):
- Minimum GED or Equivalent
- Accredited trade school in a relevant discipline
- Relevant training through an apprenticeship program
- 3 years of responsible experience performing a variety of building maintenance duties.
- Possession of an appropriate valid (no restrictions) NY driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as required (scheduled and unscheduled).
- Monthly Rotating on-call schedule for nights and weekends; ability to be at work early during snow storms
- Monthly Rotating Saturday / Sunday building checks.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus.
A competitive compensation package is included. Our employees enjoy comprehensive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and IRA with company match.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume′, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience.
This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: https://plus.google.com/100346082914390603719/about
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.