The Rosenblum Companies is pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Construction and Contracts Administrator / Construction Project Coordinator position to join our team based at our corporate offices in Great Oaks Office Park, Albany, NY. Reporting to the Director of Construction Management, the Construction Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Construction Department with a focus on keeping projects organized, on time, and on budget.
The Rosenblum Companies offers a competitive salary with opportunities for annual performance-based increases. We offer Paid Time Off along with Health, Dental, and Disability Insurance while providing a company matched IRA. Generous opportunities to advance in our fast-growing company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Uses web-based project management software (Procore) to set up and organize construction projects; assures all proper construction and contract procedures are followed through until project close-out.
- Prepares, organizes and administers Proposals, Bid Solicitations, Scopes of Work, Trade Contracts, Insurance Certificates.
- Checks contractor Payment Applications for accuracy and maintain lien waivers, prepares Payment Applications monthly. Collects and distributes RFI’s and Submittals while preserving, organizing, distributing and maintaining drawings including all document revisions.
- Coordinates, schedules and maintains meeting minutes for all facets of construction including sub-contractor meetings, owner meetings, and safety meetings.
- Provides General Contract Administration Support for Construction, Financial and Leasing departments in company to ensure compliance, process and organization of company documents.
- Creates, promotes and enforces process and organization in the administration of all of the company’s contracts obligations and document management systems (electronic and paper).
- Serves as backup general administrative support to company’s Administrative Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from College or University in applicable field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related or equivalent experience and/or training, specifically in a construction related field.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, multitasking ability, follow-through, organization and detail-orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Intermediate to Advanced Experience with Construction Management software e.g. Procore
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts, subcontracts and invoices (AIA format).
- Strong interpersonal skills (team player) with all levels of employees, vendors, and tenants.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to Company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds independently on an occasional to frequent basis and 50 pounds with assistance on an occasional to frequent basis.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about all areas within The Rosenblum Companies facilities. Physical activities include but are not limited to bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed; the ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods is required. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting and safety techniques required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of work time could be spent indoors or outdoor with varying levels of noise.
- The work environment is an open floor plan office and requires that employees moderate speaking volume as well as the volume of devices, but will also require time spent on a construction site.
- Employee may spend 30% or more of their time traveling to and from work sites. As such, a clean driving record and ability to travel between locations is a must.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: https://plus.google.com/100346082914390603719/about
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.