We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for an experienced Controller to lead the Accounting and Finance departments within the organization. In addition, this key individual has responsibility for financial controls and processes, compliance, risk management and general administration companywide, assuring support systems are in place to scale the company’s service, staff and properties while adhering to core values. This includes working with each department in the company to promote company culture, support goal attainment and adherence to company policies/risk profile within each business group.
Our ideal candidate has experience in the real estate development and management industries, is capable of executing and overseeing multiple concurrent initiatives in a growth-oriented environment; and who has strong skills performing a wide variety of tasks to lead and implement company initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Accounting & Finance
- Supervises all Accounting functions and associated staff.
- Implements and manages budget and reporting processes for property development/construction management, property management, and corporate functions.
- Structures, reviews, verifies and delivers timely regular reporting to senior management, investors and lenders.
- Manages working capital based on cash flow and financing activities.
- Coordinates with accounting staff to verify transactions regularly; reviews and analyzes general ledgers to ensure accuracy and compliance; approves bank reconciliations.
- Manages internal financial controls; tax compliance and liability analysis in cooperation with outside CPA firm; ensures financial processes are audit-ready.
- Supports leasing department in analyzing potential transactions.
- Supports senior management on acquisition and development analysis and modeling.
- Supports senior management in procuring and negotiating debt, equity and government financing, incentives and grants, and compliance with terms thereof.
Enterprise Policy, Compliance and Tracking
- Monitors and reports on company strategic plan KPIs / goal attainment; participates with senior management and department heads in aligning goals, decisions, and SOPs around established metrics, required resources and reporting.
- Manages enterprise risk, including insurance procurement and relationship management with insurance agent(s) and carrier(s), safety programs and security considerations in partnership with other department heads, and risk transfer to vendors/tenants.
- Designs and implements internal controls for purchasing/procurement and construction project controls in conjunction with Director of Construction.
- Works with senior management and/or outside counsel to align contract documents with risk program.
- Tracks and implements compliance requirements for all contract, tax, incentive/grant, debt and legal obligations.
Corporate Operations / General
- Supervises office management / administrative functions of company and associated staff.
- Oversees company Human Resources and Payroll including recruitment, benefits, payroll and compliance.
- Manages relationship with outsourced IT; evaluation and procurement of software and systems.
- Maintains, assimilates and communicates up-to-date industry information best practices in real estate accounting, real estate finance, business management and risk management, etc.
- Maximizes industry knowledge by participating actively in professional organizations, pursuing educational opportunities, and following professional publications.
- Represents the Company positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors and the community at large.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in applicable field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience and/or training including managerial, operations and financial software/systems; experience with Yardi Voyager or other enterprise property accounting software preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate financial terms and principles. Ability to conduct financial analysis and calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret financial terms of lease documents, property purchase/sale contracts and construction contracts.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly including advanced Excel functions; experience with financial modeling using Excel models preferred.
- Competence adopting new software systems and implementing same on an enterprise level.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve departmental deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with a professional, respectful and positive presentation style.
- Ability to effectively present information and provide timely, reliable, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
A competitive compensation package is included. Our employees enjoy comprehensive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement plan with company match.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, salary requirements and cover letter to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews of The Rosenblum Companies: https://plus.google.com/100346082914390603719/about
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.