Extra! Extra! Seeking Property Manager for The News Apartments, one of Downtown Troy’s most exciting new developments!
We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Property Manager at The News Apartments. The News is a historically sensitive conversion of the century-old Troy Record newspaper building and construction of a new addition to provide 101 modern market rate apartments with inspired finishes, oversized windows, and such features as dens, balconies, terraces and walk-in closets. The News also features a collection of building amenities unique amongst downtown apartment communities in the Capital Region, including fitness, bike storage, co-working, pet care and onsite parking, not to mention the best amenity of all, downtown Troy!
Reporting to the Director of Property Management and based at our onsite leasing office, the Property Manager (PM) will promote The News to prospective tenants, guide interested apartment seekers through the leasing process, engage residents, and be an ambassador to the greater downtown community. The PM also works with our property management department to ensure seamless client service, continuous property curb appeal inside and out, and compliance with company and governmental policies.
The Rosenblum Companies offers a competitive salary with opportunities for annual performance-based increases and bonuses. We offer Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Disability Insurance and a company matched IRA. Opportunities to advance in our fast-growing company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Chief brand advocate responsible for engaging potential tenants and effectively communicating the property’s unique history, amenities, location and lifestyle to achieve high occupancy.
- Ensures lease office, common areas, and model units are all welcoming, clean, and operating efficiently, with additional emphasis on monitoring package room.
- Processes applications, provides tenant orientation, issues key fobs, parking and other credentials; completes inspections upon move-in; expedites tenant service requests; and coordinates move-in / move-out processes as needed.
- Uses Yardi property management software platform to facilitate and track rent roll.
- Works proactively to promote client satisfaction and provides a superior level of customer service in all interactions; keeps clients apprised of any service or other issue(s) status and tracks to resolution.
- Updates, organizes and as applicable distributes property management files, forms, policies, and tenant handbooks.
- Interacts positively with community and neighborhood; drives marketing and communication initiatives to ensure properties are viewed as highly desirable within the rental area.
- Advises marketing and management team on marketing plans, leasing strategies, pricing and competition.
- Provide on-call support for after-hour emergencies.
- Work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality; must pass criminal background checks.
- Solve practical problems and deal empathetically with a variety of personalities and issue types.
- Multitask effectively; organized and detail-oriented.
- Calculate basic figures and amounts such as totals, averages, percentages, fractions, etc. using calculators and basic Excel formulas.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Education and Experience desired but not required:
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study.
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- New York Real Estate Salesperson’s license preferred.
- Experience in real estate and/or property management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (team player) with all tenants, colleagues, and, vendors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency in using property management and office software including Yardi Voyager/CRM, Word, and Outlook, as well as, computer literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews of The Rosenblum Companies: https://plus.google.com/100346082914390603719/about
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.