- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. As our business continues to grow, we are seeking a full-time Building Engineer to join our team.
The Building Engineer performs general building maintenance tasks for first-class office and residential properties owned and/or operated by The Rosenblum Companies. As they perform their work at our properties, the Building Engineer upholds our standard of excellence in customer service and building quality.
- Effectively respond to and resolve tenant/occupant service calls.
- Perform basic plumbing and electrical preventive maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous carpentry and painting, caulking, patching, repair or replace door locks, closers, and other building hardware.
- Maintain a courteous and service-oriented manner to support a positive rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers).
- Provide on call service for emergency situations (rotating schedule) and snow event support as needed.
Other General Duties and Expectations
- Unlock buildings and inspect buildings for cleanliness, quality, and operation of systems.
- Complete periodic checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and inspections.
- Ability to operate a variety of building maintenance equipment, machines, and power/hand tools.
- Perform miscellaneous grounds tasks to include removal of trash, repair of landscaped areas, trimming, pruning, leaf removal and other tasks as assigned.
- Shovel walks and entrances during winter months to remove snow; includes arriving on site early to ensure buildings are clear for opening at 7am on weekdays.
- Perform miscellaneous interior cleaning as needed to supplement regular third-party cleaning provider’s services.
- Load and deliver furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Support construction fit-up work as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 3+ years of responsible experience performing a variety of building maintenance duties.
- Minimum GED or equivalent; accredited trade school or relevant experience; or relevant training through an apprenticeship program.
- General building maintenance and construction knowledge; including basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing. HVAC experience is also strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a professional and positive demeanor and ability to work effectively with a diverse community. Proven ability to build and maintain quality relationships with tenants, vendors, and team members.
- Local travel to our properties is required; as such, an unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- Ability to use a smartphone and various phone apps.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
RDC offers competitive compensation, paid time off, company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, along with training and career advancement opportunities.
Range: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
COVID-19 considerations: The company follows CDC safety guidelines.
Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.