- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
At Rosenblum Development Corp (RDC), we create and sustain better spaces to build stronger communities. Driving this innovation is a team of career-minded individuals that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything they do.
As we grow our portfolio and further our vision of delivering properties that are greener, healthier and smarter, we are seeking a Construction Field Superintendent who will embody RDC core values and uphold our track record of delivering successful projects with extraordinary quality.
The Construction Field Superintendent is responsible for the overall on-site management of the construction project, including the planning, coordination, scheduling, and supervision of all subcontractors, consultants, tradesmen, materials supplier, and vendor personnel on site.
The Superintendent is a critical team member who works closely with all construction project management staff to ensure that the goals and objectives of the company and stakeholders are achieved.
Responsibilities of the Construction Field Superintendent position include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret contract drawings, specifications, and submittals for constructability and design conflicts.
- Ensure quality construction practices are followed including material installation per manufactured recommendation.
- Work with Project Manager(s) to facilitate construction project plan including participation in project meetings.
- Supervise and coordinate subcontractors, trade crews, material suppliers and vendors for execution of project.
- Coordinate site inspections with municipality and third-party consultants. Manage project schedule including updates, material procurement and deliveries with Project Management.
- Work with the project team to maintain and track adherence to the project budget.
- Document change order / time and material work.
- Ensure proper oversight and retention of documents relevant to the project.
- Perform material takeoffs, order materials and coordinate deliveries to the job site.
- Keep accurate field documentation including notes, photos, material delivery slips, manifests, as-built drawings, records, sketches, daily reports, accident reports, inspections logs and field books to describe and verify the planned work as well as the completed work that will be incorporated into the project record documents.
- Ensure that company safety policies, OSHA required safety practice, quality procedures, and construction standards are being enforced. · Maintain a clean and organized project site, free from debris, garbage, and hazards.
- Manage and maintain site logistics for changing traffic patterns during construction including material delivery, material staging, exterior man lifts and material lift needs, contractor parking, construction and safety vehicles.
- Track fabrication and delivery of product and equipment.
- Research and recommend solutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, technical conflicts and quality control issues.
- All other duties as needed and assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in construction management / construction means and methods.
- Experience in ground up new building construction. Employee should have general knowledge and understanding of all sitework activities as they relate to the construction of a new commercial building. (i.e., Site clearing, cut and fill, foundation excavation and back-fill, storm, water, sewer, electric and gas utilities, sub-base prep for slabs, parking lots, and roadways, asphalt paving and landscaping.)
- Proficient in the supervision of contractors installing concrete foundations, slabs and structural steel for new low-rise building structures.
- Knowledge of building systems (e.g. HVAC, electrical) and phasing of construction.
- Proficiency with safety procedures and OSHA regulations. Formal OSHA training and course certifications a plus.
- Experience with construction management/construction related project management software platforms; Sage, Procore, Smartsheet, etc.
- Able to read and fully understand drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction, and quality control.
- Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (team / utility player) with all levels of employees, vendors and tenants; ability to assert oneself firmly yet professionally.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
RDC offers competitive compensation, paid time off, company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, along with training and career advancement opportunities. Anticipated Salary: From $110,000 per year
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
www.rosenblumcompanies.com Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.