- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
- Vicina Modern Lofts
At Rosenblum Development (RDC), we create and sustain better spaces to build stronger communities. Driving this innovation is a team of career-minded individuals that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything they do.
As we grow our portfolio and further our vision of delivering properties that are greener, healthier and smarter, we are seeking a Construction Project Manager (CPM) who will embody RDC core values and uphold our track record of delivering successful projects with extraordinary quality and customer service.
The CPM reports to the Vice President of Construction and Design and is responsible for all aspects of building construction / renovations and on-site management, including planning, coordination, and scheduling with an emphasis on quality, safety, performance/productivity, environmental stewardship, client experience, and bottom-line results.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage new development and existing property improvement projects from conception to completion, including client and vendor relationships, schedules, budgets, procedures, etc. through closeout.
- Attain a thorough understanding of design documents and contracts with the ability to interpret contract drawings, specifications, and submittals. Identifies design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project issues.
- Ability to perform estimating, material takeoffs, and obtain bids/proposals to inform project budget.
- Quality control.
- Ability to identify constructability concerns and coordinate/implement scope change with subcontractors, suppliers, and other project staff.
- Work collaboratively with all company team members, design team, project stakeholders, subcontractors and vendors to ensure a coordinated process.
- Administers and tracks contracts/subcontracts to closeout.
- Develop and update project schedules to ensure approval, design, and construction milestones are identified and tracked. Consistently updates internal team, clients, contractors and vendors to maintain project milestones.
- Communicate, promote, and enforce safety protocols to ensure job sites consistently meet or exceed OSHA safety standards.
- Promote sustainability and energy-efficiency throughout construction operations.
- Responsible for all required permits and inspections.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including photos, change management, RFIs, submittals, certificates of insurance, certificate of occupancy, testing and inspections. Prepares and presents project status reports, etc.
- Address issues with material/finish selections and lead times with foresight toward avoiding schedule issues.
- Seeks cost reduction and value engineering opportunities.
- Tracks and executes timely pay applications, pay requests, funding, invoices, and payments.
- Project completion including walkthroughs, final payments, and closeout document delivery.
- Being the liaison between the project team, property management and clients where the work is taking place in a tenant occupied environment.
- Self-performs contract administration for assigned projects utilizing department administrative team staff as back-up.
- Provide back-up support to department administrative staff as required.
- Provide interior design services, including FF&E, for new development and existing property improvement projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience in construction project management.
- Associate’s Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study (construction management, architecture, engineering); equivalent experience may substitute for degree.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts, subcontracts, and invoices (AIA format) preferred.
- Proficiency with safety procedures and OHSA regulations, formal OHSA training a plus.
- Experience in a general contracting and real estate development environment; working in occupied spaces.
- Knowledge of building systems (e.g. HVAC, electrical) and phasing of construction.
- Solid track record of closing out multiple high-quality jobs on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to take charge of a jobsite environment and solve problems related to the construction process.
- Ability to work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality; must pass criminal background check.
- Computer literate, with intermediate to advanced skills using with common business software/applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite) and ability to adapt to new technology. Intermediate to advanced experience with construction management software (e.g., Procore, Microsoft Project) preferred.
RDC offers competitive compensation, paid time off, company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, along with training and career advancement opportunities.
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a direct-hire opportunity. No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
COVID-19 considerations: The company follows CDC safety guidelines. All new hires are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within 5 weeks of start date unless a medical or religious exemption is applicable to their situation.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.