- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a fast-paced organization at the height of a growth phase? If so, a future with Rosenblum Development Corp (RDC) could be exactly what you’ve been waiting for.
At RDC, we create and sustain better spaces to build stronger communities. Driving this innovation is a team of career-minded individuals that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything they do.
To help fuel our growth and our ability to deliver properties that are greener, healthier and smarter, we are seeking a Controller to supervise of the Accounting and Financial functions of our company’s real estate development, property management, and construction divisions. The Controller will ensure that financial objectives are met, including execution in the areas of accounting processes, Yardi ERP software management, internal controls and compliance, forecasting and budgeting, with a direct focus on supporting goal attainment, adherence to company policies, and cultivating efficiencies.
- Leadership, management, and accountability for accounting/finance team.
- Cash flow management including projections based upon budget and work-in-progress across multiple entities.
- Investor, internal, and regulatory reporting process including tax compliance for income, sales, and payroll taxes.
- Quality control for general ledger and sub-ledger accounting functions, adherence to best practices for the real estate industry.
- Driving efficiency by leveraging the functionality of our ERP system to its fullest capacity and implementing process improvements.
Other General Duties and Expectations:
- Maximizes the quality and timeliness of financial reporting to leadership team, investors, and lenders.
- Guides internal treasury, purchasing and financial controls companywide; ensures financial processes are audit-ready.
- Leads tax strategy and compliance efforts in cooperation with outside CPA firm and accounting team.
- Researches accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements; provides subject matter guidance and internal analysis support on capitalization, taxability, and consistency with company/industry practices.
- Reviews and analyze trial balances and general ledgers to ensure accuracy and compliance; approves bank reconciliations.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are documented, consistent and facilitate efficient, seamless, completion of duties within the department in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maximizes industry knowledge by participating actively in professional organizations, pursuing educational opportunities, and following professional publications.
- All other roles and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience and/or training including accounting, financial and managerial experience.
- Extensive experience with Yardi Voyager or similar enterprise property accounting software with demonstrated ability to adapt to new platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in applicable field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal and NY State income tax matters with particular attention to capitalization and depreciation rules; ability to interpret instructions and changes in tax law, in consultation with outside CPAs and tax counsel as necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to partnership agreements, leases, contracts, and company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of real estate financial terms, principles, and investment modeling; ability to conduct advanced analysis such as loan amortization, weighted averages, proportions, etc.
- Ability to work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality; must pass criminal background check.
- Proficiency with common business software/applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite), and ability to adapt to new technology and mentor team in doing so. Advanced skills in financial modeling and the use of advanced functions in Excel.
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date.
Requests for exceptions and reasonable accommodations must be initiated by the applicant during the hiring process. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and the Workplace Safety and Health policies of RDC.
All medical information collected from individuals, including vaccination information, will be treated in accordance with applicable laws and policies on confidentiality and privacy.
Please direct any questions regarding this policy to email@example.com.
RDC offers competitive compensation, paid time off, company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, along with training and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.