- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
Career Opportunity: Human Resources Manager
Rosenblum Development is a leading developer and manager of award-winning properties in the Capital Region. For nearly four decades, Rosenblum has focused on creating and sustaining better spaces to build stronger communities.
The Human Resource role drives the healthy growth of this values-driven organization by developing a talented, inspired and fulfilled team, and this next hire will continue to shape that evolution. The professional who assumes this role will have the opportunity to significantly impact organizational design and development, talent management, HR competitive advantage, culture, and employee engagement.
This is also a small organization, approximately 40 employees and growing, so the role is ideally suited to someone who enjoys both the big picture and the day-to-day details (with some administrative support).
The Human Resource Manager (HRM) leads the organization’s Human Resources (HR) function; responsible for the strategic direction of the HR function, setting, implementing, and enforcing legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and implementing talent management practices aligned with the organization’s core focus and values.
The HRM is a key business partner to the organization’s principals and management in leading and creating initiatives, systems, and best practices to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and high-performing, inspired, fulfilled workforce and in building an organizational culture that supports the advancement of our people, mission and strategic plans.
In this role, the HRM will help develop and execute plans for staffing and talent strategy, internal communication processes, performance management, and leadership and professional development. Additionally, the HRM drives strategy to support RDC’s efforts to attract, develop, and retain a diverse workforce that thrives on collaboration, learning, and innovation.
- HR Strategy
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management
- Total Rewards Strategy and Administration
- HR Compliance, Policies, and Procedures
Other General Duties and Expectations
- Collaborates with company principals and management to understand the organization’s goals and strategy relative to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning; identifies and implements ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, and engagement activities that support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes, best practices, trends, and modern technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; conducts research and analysis to apply and use available HRIS data to inform strategic decision-making and adapt policies, practices, and resources.
- Collaborates with managers to identify staffing and recruiting needs and to understand the skills and competencies required for openings.
- Assists with generating job descriptions and postings; administers Predictive Index Job Assessments; conducts (or procures) compensation studies and recommends salary amounts based on competitive market data.
- Develops and executes best practices for effective recruitment.
- Manages talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Designs, oversees, and/or administers human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Supports management and other staff by providing human resources advice and counsel and making human resource-related decisions. May be required to administer and manage delicate circumstances such as facilitating conflict resolution, providing reasonable accommodations and investigating allegations of wrongdoing.
- Manages Quarterly Conversation and performance review processes.
- Oversees employee disciplinary activity, terminations, and investigations in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees payroll and benefits administration. Analyzes market trends to recommend programs with the highest impact to cost for attracting and retaining top talent.
- Collaborates with principals and/or managers on annual compensation reviews and/or ad hoc bonus plans.
- Sources, creates, and/or facilitates learning and development programs and initiatives, in collaboration with managers, that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Proactively promotes the employee value proposition internally and works with Marketing to reinforce and enhance the employer brand.
HR Compliance, Policies, and Procedures
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Participates on company safety committee.
- Maintains job knowledge and ensures ongoing professional development by participating in professional associations, events and other relevant educational opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with diverse communities. Excellent conflict resolution skills and diplomacy, with the ability to diffuse situations for optimal outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Demonstrated customer services skills for both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to speak, present, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace, bilingual skills a plus. Ability to calculate basic figures and amounts such as totals, averages, percentages, fractions, etc., using calculators and basic Excel formulas.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; equivalent experience may substitute for degree.
- Minimum of five years of human resource management experience required; with strategic, talent acquisition, and talent management experience preferred.
- Applicable HR certification(s), e.g. SHRM or HRCI, are preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to build and maintain quality relationships with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality.
- Computer literate, proficient with common business software/applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite), and able to adapt to new technology and mentor team. Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems preferred.
RDC offers competitive compensation, paid time off, company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, along with training and career advancement opportunities. Anticipated Salary Range: $85-$95K
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please apply through LinkedIn:
Easy Apply – Human Resources Manager
This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
www.rosenblumcompanies.com Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.