- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. As our business continues to grow, we are seeking a talented Lead Building Engineer to join our team.
Reporting to the Chief Building Engineer (CBE), the Lead Building Engineer (LBE) serves as the main on-site representative of the Property Management (PM) department for a local group of properties. As the site lead, the LBE supervises all building maintenance and systems, coordinates preventative maintenance programs, and training for first-class commercial, industrial, and/or multifamily properties owned and/or operated by Rosenblum Development Corporation (RDC). The Lead Building Engineer upholds RDC core values and promotes RDC’s reputed standard of excellence in customer service and building quality.
Major Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, Manage and Hold Accountable assigned on-site maintenance staff including Building Engineers (BE’s) and Day Porter (DP) (where applicable) with support from Chief Building Engineer (CBE). (Note: This is a hands-on management position where the individual is supervising and working alongside the team.)
- Ensure scheduled and on-call coverage, including emergencies and weather events; ensure all timekeeping and company policies are upheld. Control inventory and maintenance of site equipment (e.g., vehicles, snow blowers, shop tools), materials, keys, vendor lists, etc.
- Ensure that all property repair, grounds keeping, cleaning, and maintenance needs are addressed through work orders, preventative maintenance programs, and daily inspections.
- Implement company training program for assigned maintenance staff, with an emphasis on quality, timeliness, cost savings, safety, and knowledge of building systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.) and software (Service portal, BMS/EMS, access, security, etc.), engaging additional resources for training development or delivery as appropriate.
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned
- High school or GED minimum plus trade school or relevant experience; relevant training through an apprenticeship program.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing a variety of building maintenance duties in a quality-focused environment.
- Possession of an unrestricted New York driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel to/from and between job sites.
- Knowledge of safe work practices. OSHA 10 certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- General building maintenance and construction knowledge; including basic to intermediate carpentry, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
- Ability to operate a variety of building maintenance equipment, machines, and power/hand tools, lift up to 75 pounds, work off ladders, and in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Computer and smartphone literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Able to work overtime, participate in a rotating monthly on-call schedule for nights and weekends, and to be at work early during snowstorms.
- Capable of developing and maintaining a courteous and service-oriented rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants and guests, vendors, clients, co-workers), including the ability to communicate effectively whether verbally or in writing.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date.
Requests for exceptions and reasonable accommodations must be initiated by the applicant during the hiring process. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and the Workplace Safety and Health policies of RDC.
All medical information collected from individuals, including vaccination information, will be treated in accordance with applicable laws and policies on confidentiality and privacy.
Please direct any questions regarding this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RDC offers competitive compensation, paid time off, company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, along with training and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.