- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
- Vicina Modern Lofts
Our latest green initiative at The Rosenblum Companies is to retrofit the lighting in each of our office spaces in Albany. Beginning in summer 2010 and continuing into 2011, we have partnered with NYSERDA and Wolberg Electrical to upgrade all of our lighting.
The product we are using is the 2RT8R by Lithonia.
This energy-efficient lighting provides the following benefits for our office tenants:
- 34% reduction in energy usage, from 88 watts per fixture to 58 watts
- about $27.02 per fixture in annual cost savings
- rejuvenated appearance
- better light quality that old fixtures with volumetric lighting that eliminates the“cave effect”
- longer bulb life, reducing future maintenance costs and waste
Our staff and contractors are completing this project off-hours to minimize any inconvenience to our tenants.
In the spirit of keeping our office buildings green, we are recycling most of the retrofit components including the metal components. The old fluorescent light bulbs are sent to a recycling facility, keeping mercury out of the waste stream.
Our current tenants will benefit greatly from this upgrade in reduced operating costs and better aesthetics.
Looking for a green office building in Albany, NY?
Check out our available office space for lease, each offering this type of high efficiency lighting.