- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
It’s been only a few short days since we emailed our tenants about the storm preparations at our properties. We braced ourselves for power outages, downed branches, or perhaps much worse.
And yet, Sandy blew by our region…and we were spared the worst. Whether you attribute it to dumb luck, devine blessing, or perhaps karma, our maintenance staff had even less cleanup need than we’d typically see from a routine thunderstorm. With a few exceptions, most of us fared equally well at home. Please take a moment today to appreciate how fortunate we all are.
Now that we’re seeing the devastation in Staten Island and elsewhere in the NYC region, our hearts go out to those now living without the basic essentials, facing severe weather ahead and partial or total destruction of their homes.
Right now we are doing several things to help, and we’d like to invite you to be a part of it.
1) We are organizing an effort to send our company truck down to Staten Island later tonight. Tools in tow, our employee(s) will be ready to work and assist with cleanup, and we’d like to load our truck up with basic essentials. If you or your organization can donate supplies, please contact our office ASAP, or after-hours you can call or text Dylan Turek at 1-516-859-4005 (note the area code is 516 not 518). We’re looking for water, batteries, flashlights blankets, ready-to-eat nonperishable food, and warm clothing of supplies – in significant quantity – brought to our maintenance shop door at 100 Great Oaks.(We know this is short notice…we may try to do this again in the next week or two if there is still a need)
2) Please consider helping us raise funds for those in need of water, blankets, food and hygiene supplies. We will be matching our tenant / tenant employees’ donations*. We have identified the following recipient organizations in need of funds, and will consider others as well:
Please make your donation payable directly to these organizations so the funds may get to those in need. A copy of your check or online payment receipt will allow us to process your match.
* Match available up to limit of $25 per employee, $250 per corporate donor, $4000 aggregate.
3) We’ll donate $5 per “Like” we receive for The Rosenblum Companies on Facebook if you post on our page your real name, the name of your company and building (so we know you work in one of our properties!).
Jack, Seth, Bill, Bob, Kathleen, Dylan, Mike, Paul, Russ, Brian and Idan
on behalf of The Rosenblum Companies