The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and the full-service manager for a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over one million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for an Accounting Specialist to join our team located in Great Oaks Office Park in Guilderland, NY.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this a perfect opportunity for you. The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Specialist will provide general and property accounting support to our property management company and its client companies. Our ideal candidate is a team player who has strong attention to detail, is customer-focused, and has a desire to learn and grow.
- Perform accounts receivable functions with accuracy and timeliness, including:
- Daily bank deposits
- Rent roll posting and auditing
- Tenant billing, aging, and collection activity
- Managing utility billings across the portfolio, including submetering and solar reconciliations
- Complete all accounts payable tasks, including:
- Data entry, as assigned, for real estate development and property management needs
- Reconciling statements, verifying invoices and receipts against purchase records, and coding to proper accounts and cost center(s)
- Check runs, including preparation, printing, posting, assembly, and mailing of payments
- Budget support via data gathering, entry, and reconciliation
- Reconciliation and reporting, including:
- Monthly income and budget variance reporting
- CAM reconciliation charge entry, estimates, building statements, and year-end reconciliation
- Year-end support of tax reporting, 1099s, IRS, and entity financials for investor reporting
- Vendor financial record management, including contact information, W-9s, sales tax exemption forms, 1099s, and Certificates of Capital Improvement
- Database management and general administrative support for the department
- Undergraduate degree (associate or bachelor) in related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of accounting practices and principles; experience with multiple cost centers/entities/locations preferred
- Yardi experience preferred; working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) required
- Strong attention to detail required with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle sensitive financial documents with care, professionalism, and confidentiality; highly trustworthy; able to pass credit and criminal background checks
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, teamwork, and client service orientation to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to internal and external customers in person, by phone, and via email
- Competency to resolve billing, payment, and related inquiries and concerns with professionalism
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment while meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and quality
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.