The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and the full-service manager for a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over one million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for an Assistant Controller to join our team located in Great Oaks Office Park in Guilderland, NY.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this a perfect opportunity for you. The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Assistant Controller is accountable for the supervision of the Accounting department of our real estate development, property management, and construction divisions.
The Assistant Controller operates with a deep understanding of accounting functions while working to ensure that financial objectives are met, including execution in the areas of controls and processes, compliance, forecasting, and budgeting, with a direct focus on supporting goal attainment, adherence to company policies, and cultivating efficiencies.
- Lead, manage, and develop accounting staff.
- Delegate and review work and provide constructive and timely feedback to facilitate professional growth and quality outcomes.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are documented, consistent and facilitate efficient, seamless, completion of duties within the department in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ensure all accounting transactions are verified, accurate, and compliant with company policies.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations.
- Lead the budget and reporting processes for all entities, in conjunction with departmental stakeholders, including property management, construction management, leasing, and company leadership.
- Manage working capital based on cash flow and financing activities.
- Prepare internal variance reports and forecasts in accordance with documented processes and procedures.
- Structure, review, verify, and ensure delivery of timely reporting to senior management and investors on a quarterly and as-needed basis.
- Ensure effective internal financial controls including payables processes, approval authority, and checks and balances for remittance of payment.
- Manage and track income tax compliance work performed by an outside CPA firm, including special projects, depreciation/amortization schedules, tax credit, and cost segregation studies with an outside CPA firm.
- Ensures loan compliance by monitoring covenants, assuring timely filing of reports, and creating construction draws.
- Tracks and implements compliance requirements for all incentive, grant, and government-related financial benefit programs.
- All other roles and responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in an applicable field. MS in Accounting, MBA, and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- Knowledge of property accounting operations and experience using financial software/systems required; experience with Yardi Voyager or other enterprise property accounting software preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal and NY State income tax matters with particular attention to capitalization and depreciation rules; ability to interpret instructions and changes in tax law, in consultation with outside CPAs and tax counsel as necessary.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.