- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
At The Rosenblum Companies, we Set a Higher Bar. We are a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet and are a multi-year Best Places to Work award recipient.
If you are take pride in your work and are looking to join an organization where your coworkers prize collaboration, always go above and beyond, have innate attention to detail, and take the long view in everything they do, we encourage you to apply to become part of our talented and dedicated Building Engineering team!
The Rosenblum Companies offers a total compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, bonus potential, industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, a company-funded healthcare savings account (HAS), and a company-matched retirement plan. In addition, we provide ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
Currently, we are seeking candidates for full-time opportunities in our Building Engineering team with a quality mindset, strong customer focus, and a desire to grow with the company. Our Building Engineers perform general building maintenance tasks for the first-class office and mixed-use properties owned and/or operated by The Rosenblum Companies in New York’s Capital Region. The successful candidate will uphold The Rosenblum Companies’ standard of excellence in customer service and building quality.
Responsibilities of individual team members vary according to experience level but may include the following:
Facilities and Systems Maintenance
- Effectively respond to and resolve tenant/occupant service calls, ensuring client satisfaction following work completion.
- Unlock buildings and inspect for cleanliness, quality and operation of systems daily.
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical and preventive maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous carpentry and painting, caulking, patching, repair or replace door locks, closers, and other building hardware.
- Complete periodic checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and inspections.
- Support construction fit-up work as necessary.
- Perform landscape repair, trimming, pruning, leaf removal and other tasks as assigned.
- Shovel walks and entrances during winter months to remove snow; includes arriving on site early to ensure buildings are clear for opening at 7am on weekdays.
- Proactively ensure that property standards for cleanliness are upheld.
- Inspect properties, removing debris, and ensuring the cleanliness and properly positioning of furnishings.
- Operate commercial cleaning equipment (e.g., vacuum cleaners, rug cleaners and pressure washer), empty trash receptacles, dust, polish glass and metal surfaces, and sweep, vacuum or mop floors.
- Deep & finish clean residential rental units, commercial tenant spaces, or other locations.
- Perform pre- & post-construction cleaning as assigned
- Perform emergency incident clean-up and/or interior cleaning to supplement regular third-party cleaning provider’s services, as needed.
- Observe safety and mitigate liability by properly handling and storing all tools, maintenance supplies and cleaning products.
- Lift, load, and deliver furniture, equipment and supplies observing accepted safety practices.
- High school diploma, GED, accredited trade school, or relevant experience or training through an apprenticeship program.
- Three (3) years of experience performing a variety of cleaning and building maintenance duties in a quality-focused environment.
- Reliable transportation for travel to/from primary work location and between job sites, as well as for on call emergency or snow events. If a licensed driver, driver’s license must be unrestricted for insurance purposes.
- Able to work overtime, participate in a rotating monthly on-call schedule for nights and weekends, and to be at work early during snowstorms.
- Courteous and service-oriented manner to support a positive rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers). Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Computer and smartphone literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Knowledge of safe work practices. OSHA 10 certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- General building maintenance and construction knowledge, including basic to intermediate carpentry, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing required for hire into higher level building engineer roles.
- Ability to operate a variety of building maintenance or cleaning equipment, machines and power/hand tools, lift materials with and without assistance, work off ladders, and in a variety of environmental conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.