- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over one million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Building Engineer to join our team based in Albany, NY.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this a perfect opportunity for you. The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Building Engineer, the Building Engineer will perform general building maintenance tasks for first-class office and mixed-use properties owned and/or operated by The Rosenblum Companies in New York’s Capital Region. The successful candidate will uphold The Rosenblum Companies’ standard of excellence in customer service and building quality.
- Effectively respond to and resolve tenant/occupant service calls
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical and preventive maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous carpentry and painting, caulking, patching, repair, or replace door locks, closers, and other building hardware.
- Unlock buildings and inspect buildings for cleanliness, quality, and operation of systems daily.
- Complete periodic checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and inspections.
- Perform miscellaneous grounds tasks including trash removal, landscape repair, trimming, pruning, leaf removal, and other tasks as assigned.
- Shovel walks and entrances during winter months to remove snow; includes arriving on-site early to ensure buildings are clear for opening at 7 am on weekdays.
- Perform miscellaneous interior cleaning as needed to supplement regular third-party cleaning provider’s services.
- Lift, load, and deliver furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Support construction fit-up work as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High school or GED minimum plus trade school or relevant experience; relevant training through an apprenticeship program.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing a variety of building maintenance duties in a quality-focused environment.
- Possession of an unrestricted New York driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel to/from and between job sites.
- Knowledge of safe work practices. OSHA 10 certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- General building maintenance and construction knowledge; including basic to intermediate carpentry, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
- Ability to operate a variety of building maintenance equipment, machines, and power/hand tools, lift up to 75 pounds, work off ladders, and in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Computer and smartphone literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Able to work overtime, participate in a rotating monthly on-call schedule for nights and weekends, and to be at work early during snowstorms.
- Capable of developing and maintaining a courteous and service-oriented rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, and guests, vendors, clients, co-workers), including the ability to communicate effectively whether verbally or in writing.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.