- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies is a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet. As the organization continues to grow, we are excited to add a Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) to the leadership team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) will be responsible for the strategic alignment of fiscal and organizational priorities, supervision of the accounting and finance functions of our property development and management firm, monitoring and updating enterprise policy, compliance and tracking, and general corporate operations with respect to human resources, information technology, risk management, and administrative operations.
The CFAO will operate with a broad and deep understanding of the organization’s strategic plan, while working to proactively ensure that operational objectives are achieved, including execution in many functional areas of the company (e.g., financial controls and processes, compliance, forecasting and budgeting, risk management and mitigation, and general office administration), with a direct focus on promoting company culture, supporting goal attainment, adherence to company policies, and cultivating efficiencies.
The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities. If you are looking to join an organization with a multi-year record of being a Best Places to Work award recipient, where your coworkers prize collaboration, always go above and beyond, have innate attention to detail, and take the long view in everything they do, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Lead, Manage, and Hold Accountable
- Serves on leadership team of company and works collaboratively throughout organization to drive organizational priorities.
- Supervises all accounting functions and associated staff.
- Supervises office management and administrative functions of company and associated staff.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of reporting to leadership team, investors, and lenders.
- Coordinates with accounting staff to verify transactions regularly; reviews and analyzes general ledgers to ensure accuracy and compliance; approves reconciliations and other internal transactions.
- Manages internal financial controls, tax compliance and liability analysis in cooperation with outside
- CPA firm, and ensures financial processes are audit-ready.
- Supports leasing department in analyzing potential transactions.
- Leads financial component of all company acquisition and development activities.
- Monitors and reports on company strategic plan KPls and goal attainment; participates with senior management and department heads in aligning goals, decisions, and SOPs around established metrics, required resources, and reporting.
- Manages enterprise risk, including insurance procurement and agent/carrier relationship management, as well as safety programs and security considerations in partnership with other department heads and human resources.
- Works with senior management and/or outside counsel to align contract documents with risk program.
- Designs and implements protocols and systems for purchasing/procurement companywide.
- Works with accounting staff to ensure tracking and compliance requirements are met for all contract, tax, incentive/grant, debt and legal obligations.
- Strategically aligns company human resources requirements with leadership team goals, particularly around recruitment and retention efforts.
- Strategically aligns IT, evaluation and procurement of software and systems.
- Manages organizational capital markets needs based on cash flow and financing activities.
- Procures and negotiates equity and government financing, incentives and grants, and compliance with terms thereof.
- Maintains, assimilates, and communicates up-to-date industry information best practices in real estate accounting, real estate finance, business and risk management, etc.
- Maximizes industry knowledge by participating actively in professional organizations, pursuing educational opportunities, and following professional publications.
- Represents the Company positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors and the community at large.
- All other roles and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in applicable field. MBA and/or CPA
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience and/or training including financial, managerial and operations experience, with exposure to the commercial real estate industry.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate financial terms and principles. Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret financial terms of lease documents, property purchase/sale contracts and construction contracts.
- Technologically savvy, with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite including financial modeling and the use of advanced functions in Excel, and competency in adopting and/or implementing new software systems on an enterprise level. Experience with Yardi Voyager or other enterprise property account software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve departmental deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication and conflict resolution skills with a professional, respectful and positive presentation style.
- Ability to effectively present information and provide timely, reliable, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.