- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
Rosenblum Development (RDC), a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. As our company continues to grow, we are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Commercial Property Manager (CPM) to join our team located in Great Oaks Office Park in Albany, NY.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this is the perfect opportunity for you. The position offers a competitive base salary along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
Reporting directly to the Vice President – Property Management, the CPM is accountable for technical, operational, and general property operations for first-class commercial and industrial properties owned and/or operated by RDC. The CPM upholds RDC’s core values and reputed standard of excellence in customer service and building quality and promotes the company’s professional image as a provider of Better Spaces, building relationships between the company and its tenants.
Property Quality and Company Standards
- Maintain and promote up-to-date knowledge of best practices in property operations, sustainability, risk/regulatory requirements, and client experience.
- Uphold high company standards for “Better Spaces;” (i.e. Class A quality of building exteriors, common areas and amenity offerings); communicate with and drive internal staff and outside vendors to improve or correct quality as needed. Inspect properties regularly; organize and prioritize required improvement or corrective projects.
- Ensure compliance related to management of certificates of insurance, collection of incident/accident reports, and other contract and regulatory requirements, and seeks opportunities to mitigate risks in property operations.
Tenant/Client Service and Satisfaction
- Ensure client-centric service and that tenant requests are addressed in a courteous and consistent manner. Proactively build positive relationships with tenants and other property stakeholders.
- Administer lease requirements and implement systems (e.g. handbooks, memos, etc.) to promote tenant onboarding, compliance, and positive tenant relations.
- Manage information technology and record keeping systems for both commercial and multifamily portfolios including security, tenant portal, access control, etc.
- Accomplish financial objectives by preparing annual expense budgets, scheduling expenditures, approving vendor invoices, analyzing and reporting on variances.
- Develop estimates and track costs/billing for tenant-reimbursable work.
- Work with TRC accounting, administrative, and construction teams to ensure related activities address the needs of the properties and tenants.
Vendor & System Management
- Manage vendor relationships including soliciting bids, negotiating contracts, and ensuring safety and risk management procedures are employed. Supervise vendors to maximize value, performance, and quality.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial property management.
- Possession of a valid (unrestricted) NY Driver’s License.
- Proficiency in using software including Word, Excel, Outlook, BMS / portal and cloud-based communication. Computer and smartphone literacy as well as ease in learning new software and systems.
- Foundational knowledge of building maintenance, mechanical systems, reading building plans, and vendor contract terms.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player with all levels of employees, vendors and tenants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be on call 24/7/365 for any building emergencies escalated by the primary on-call personnel.
- Ability to work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality. Must pass criminal background checks.
- Ability to multitask effectively and detail oriented.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
COVID-19 considerations: The company follows CDC safety guidelines. All new hires are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within 5 weeks of start date unless a medical or religious exemption is applicable to their situation.
Disclaimer: RDC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of RDC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at RDC via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RDC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RDC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.