We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Construction Field Superintendent to join our committed and long-tenured team based at our corporate offices in Great Oaks Office Park, Albany, NY.
Reporting directly to the Director of Construction Management, the Construction Field Superintendent is responsible for the overall on-site management of the construction project, including the planning, coordination, scheduling, and supervision of all subcontractor tradesman and materials vendors personnel on site.
The Construction Field Superintendent is a critical team member who works closely with all construction project management staff to ensure that the goals and objectives of the company and stakeholders are achieved.
Responsibilities of the Construction Field Superintendent position include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret contract drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Work with Project Manager(s) to facilitate construction project plan.
- Supervise and coordinate trade crews and subcontractors for execution of project.
- Manage project schedule.
- Work with the project team to maintain and track adherence to the project budget.
- Document change order / time and material work.
- Ensure proper oversight and retention of documents relevant to the project.
- Perform material takeoffs, order materials and coordinate deliveries to the jobsite.
- Keep accurate notes, records, sketches, daily reports, and field books to describe and verify the planned work as well as the completed work that will be incorporated into the project record documents.
- Ensure that company safety policies, quality procedures, and construction standards are being enforced.
- Track fabrication and delivery of product and equipment.
- Research and recommend solutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, technical conflicts and quality control issues.
- All other duties as needed and assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in construction management / construction means and methods.
- Experience in ground up new building construction. Employee should have general knowledge and understanding of all sitework activities as they relate to the construction of a new commercial building, i.e., site clearing, cut and fill, foundation excavation and back-fill, storm, water, sewer, electric and gas utilities, Sub-base prep for slabs, parking lots, and roadways, Asphalt paving and landscaping.
- Proficient in the supervision of contractors installing concrete foundations, slabs and structural steel for new low-rise building structures.
- Knowledge of building systems (e.g. HVAC, electrical) and phasing of construction.
- Proficiency with safety procedures and OSHA regulations. Formal OSHA training and course certifications a plus.
- Experience with construction management/construction related project management software platforms; Sage, Procore, Smartsheet, etc.
- Able to read and fully understand drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction, and quality control.
- Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (team / utility player) with all levels of employees, vendors and tenants; ability to assert oneself firmly yet professionally.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: https://www.rosenblumcompanies.com/reviews/
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.