We are pleased to offer an outstanding opportunity for a Day Porter to join our exceptional team based out of our corporate offices in Great Oaks Office Park in Albany, NY.
The Rosenblum Companies offers a competitive salary with opportunities for annual performance-based increases. We offer Paid Time Off along with Health, Dental, and Disability Insurance while providing a company matched IRA. There are also opportunities to advance in our fast-growing organization.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Day Porter performs general building maintenance tasks for the first-class office and residential properties owned and/or operated by The Rosenblum Companies in New York’s Capital Region. The Day Porter upholds The Rosenblum Companies’ core values and reputed standard of excellence in customer service and building quality. If you take pride in your work and enjoy being part of a team that is committed to excellence, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for! We are collaborative, hard-working, and driven to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Operate commercial cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaners, rug cleaners and pressure washer
- Observe safety and mitigate liability by properly storing and handling all cleaning products
- Check and empty all common area trash receptacles in assigned location
- Dust, polish glass and metal surfaces, vacuum and mop assigned location
- Ensure all furnishings are clean and properly positioned before departing any assignment
- Inspect for and remove debris from common areas and before departure from any assignment
- Inspect the exterior of assigned location and properly dispose of any debris
- Perform emergency incident clean-up when required
- Deep & finish clean residential rental units, commercial tenant spaces, or other locations
- Perform pre- & post-construction cleaning as assigned
- Lift, load, and deliver furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Shovel walks and entrances during winter months to remove snow and ensure resident safety
- Be On-Call for snow events and emergency support
- Support needs at other locations or on other projects
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, accredited trade school, or relevant experience or apprenticeship training in lieu of education.
- Minimum three (3) years of responsible experience performing a variety of cleaning and other building maintenance duties in a commercial setting.
- Possession of an unrestricted NY driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- General building systems knowledge.
- Basic computer and smartphone skills.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to work a rotating on-call schedule for nights and weekends, during storms, and/or for emergency support as needed.
- Ability to operate a variety of building maintenance equipment, cleaning equipment and the handling of cleaning supplies.
- Courteous and service-oriented manner to support a positive rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers).
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.