We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Director of Leasing to join our committed and long-tenured team based at our corporate offices in Great Oaks Office Park, Albany, NY.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Director of Leasing at The Rosenblum Companies is responsible for maximizing the occupancy of owned and managed commercial properties. The Director of Leasing serves as the primary listing agent, working closely with prospective and existing office, industrial and retail tenants as well as third-party brokers to promote the company’s properties. Additionally, the Director of Leasing identifies, transacts and advises on property portfolio acquisition and disposition activities. The Director of Leasing is current on critical local and global CRE trends and influences the company’s marketing strategies accordingly; represents the company positively in promoting the corporate brand, services, and properties; and assures client satisfaction to maximize retention and positive company image.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES to the Director of Leasing position include but are not limited to:
- Works closely with Senior Management to align the company’s strategic plan to short- and long-range leasing objectives; responsible for meeting occupancy KPIs by achieving leasing targets.
- Serves as the main point of contact for all lease-related inquiries from existing and prospective tenants and their brokers, builds a strong network with the brokerage community.
- Crafts and negotiates lease proposals and manages responses to tenant RFPs; collaborates with Senior Management to negotiate transactions.
- Attains a deep understanding of company lease documents and market terms; analyzes deal metrics, negotiation and risk points to make appropriate recommendations to Senior Management and/or counsel for final approval.
- Monitors lease expirations, pending expansion requests, options, etc.; proactively approaches existing tenants to facilitate renewals; assesses tenant needs and seeks strategic solutions for tenants and property ownership.
- Focuses on long-term relationships through effective tenant onboarding, retention and relations strategies, including appropriate decision-maker engagement and client appreciation events (on and offsite); assists in refining existing client services and/or identifying and implementing new amenities.
- Manages inventory of available spaces; has a clear understanding of BOMA measurement methods; works with Construction department, Marketing department and space planners to ensure listings, floor plans, fliers, marketing collateral and general information on the corporate website and listing services are current and complete at all times.
- Works closely with the Construction department upon lease signing, while remaining actively engaged in assuring client satisfaction throughout build-out, move-in and beyond.
- Maintains, assimilates and communicates up-to-date industry information best practices in commercial real estate, including development, legal and property management matters, competitive landscape, sustainability, risk management, etc. Maximizes industry knowledge and company visibility by cultivating personal networks, participating actively in professional organizations (CIREB/NYSAR, etc), pursuing educational opportunities, and following professional publications.
- Represents the Company positively and professionally; seeks opportunities to serve publicly as a company representative (e.g. professional organization boards, panels, articles, etc).
- Contributes toward company image and thought leadership by creating, curating and editing content for use in property and company marketing materials, social media and corporate blog.
- Supports real estate acquisition and disposition opportunities that align with Company objectives; this includes but is not limited to:
- Market and property research (history, zoning, and codes, taxes, comparables, etc.);
- Negotiation and related relationship management with proposed sellers and buyers;
- Facilitating due diligence activities in concert with Senior Management and/or Construction department;
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from College or University in an applicable field.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience and/or training.
- Current New York State salesperson or associate broker license; CCIM and/or SIOR preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and provide timely, reliable, courteous service to clients.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate financing terms and principles. Ability to conduct financial analysis and calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret space plans, lease documents and property purchase/sale contracts. Decisions made with a thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in using office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), real estate listing services (MLS, CoStar), CRM, and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter); general computer literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Responsible for setting and achieving departmental deadlines.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to Company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurements, etc. Finance calculation skills such as NPV, IRR, interest, cap rates, knowledge of discount rates, etc. preferred. Ratio analysis of financial statements preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds independently on an occasional basis.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds with assistance on an occasional basis.
- Use of ladders and scaffolds occasionally.
- Ability to spend up to 50% of work time standing or moving about all areas within The Rosenblum Companies properties and/or properties under consideration for purchase by The Rosenblum Companies. Physical activities include but are not limited to walking, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, carrying, and/or reaching on a moderate to frequent basis.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed; the ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods is required. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Proper lifting and safety techniques required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A large percentage of work time is spent both indoors and outdoors where temperatures are cool in the winter and warm in the summer, and noise level can be moderate to high.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to work areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- The indoor work environment is an open floor plan office and requires that employees moderate speaking volume as well as the volume of devices; e.g. radios, ring tones, etc.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: www.rosenblumcompanies.com/reviews/
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.