- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. As our company continues to grow, we are excited to add a Director of Leasing to our team located in Albany, NY.
The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities. If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Reporting directly to the CEO/Principal Broker and serving on the company’s leadership team, the Director of Leasing maximizes the ongoing occupancy of the company’s office (traditional and flexible/coworking), industrial and retail properties. The Director of Leasing promotes the company’s properties and services to prospective tenants, maintains relationships with existing tenants, and leads negotiations for property acquisitions. The Leasing Manager represents the company positively in promoting the corporate brand and properties and assures client satisfaction and retention.
- Works closely with Leadership Team to align the company’s strategic plan to short- and long-range leasing objectives; responsible for meeting occupancy KPIs by achieving leasing targets.
- Serves as the main point of contact for all lease-related inquiries from prospective tenants and their brokers; builds a strong network with the brokerage community.
- Crafts and negotiates lease proposals, assesses tenant space needs and seeks strategic solutions.
- Focuses on long-term relationships through effective tenant onboarding, retention and relations strategies, including appropriate decision maker engagement in coordination with property management department, monitors lease expirations, works with tenants on renewal/expansion needs.
- Provides executive-level leadership to affiliated flexible / coworking brand (Hone Coworks), supervises Community Manager and guides business development and client retention/engagement strategies.
- Attains a deep understanding of company lease documents, BOMA space measurement methods and market terms; analyzes deal metrics, negotiation and risk points to make appropriate recommendations to Senior Management and/or counsel for final approval.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of best practices in commercial real estate, including areas of property development, finance, legal and operations, competitive landscape, sustainability, risk management, etc.
- Represents the company positively and professionally; cultivates personal networks, participating actively in professional organizations (CIREB/NYSAR, etc.), pursuing educational opportunities and seeks opportunities to participate in boards, panels, article authorship, etc.
- Contributes toward company image and thought leadership by creating, curating and editing content for use in property and company marketing materials, social media and corporate blog.
- Leads real estate acquisition and disposition opportunities that align with Company objectives, including but not limited to:
- Market and property research (history, zoning and codes, taxes, comparables, etc.).
- Negotiation and related relationship management with proposed sellers and buyers.
- Facilitating due diligence activities in concert with in-house development and construction departments.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience and/or training.
- Current New York State salesperson or associate broker license; CCIM and/or SIOR preferred. NYS real estate license. Company will support a well-qualified candidate’s efforts to obtain licensure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and provide timely, reliable, courteous service to clients.
- Intermediate knowledge of real estate financial terms and principles.
- Proficiency in real estate listing services (MLS, CoStar), CRM, and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram); general computer literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Expert Microsoft Word skills with strong attention to quality, professionalism and thoroughness of documents. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as CRM.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: www.rosenblumcompanies.com/reviews/
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.