We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Hospitality and Events Manager (for exciting new coworking space) to join our team based in a newly built, 12,000 square foot flexible workspace located at Great Oaks Office Park in Guilderland, NY.
Our flexible workspace, opening in May 2020, will allow member companies and individuals to rent furnished private offices of varying sizes as their needs evolve. Members will share upscale common area features within the space including kitchen/café, conference rooms, lounge areas, and copy center. The workspace also provides services such as high-speed fiber, unlimited gourmet coffee, mail delivery, and printing as part of the membership fee. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter with strong business acumen, who is organized, service devoted and has a level of enthusiasm and energy rivaled only by a child who was given espresso and a free puppy.
The Hospitality and Events Manager (HEM) will lead operations, sales, and management of the company’s new flexible space offering. The HEM promotes the company’s professional image as a provider of Better Spaces; building relationships, fostering a sense of community and providing the highest level of customer service possible. You are someone who is invigorated by solving problems, finds satisfaction in serving others and enjoys a balance of habitual patterns mixed with task variety. If you’re someone with Hospitality experience working in Hotels and Events management, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Rosenblum Companies offers a competitive salary with opportunities for annual performance-based increases. We offer Paid Time Off along with Health, Dental, and Disability Insurance while providing a company matched IRA. There are also opportunities to advance in our fast-growing organization.
- Maximize the quality of member experience by:
- Fostering a general sense of inclusivity within the space and interactions between members and maintaining community rules and norms
- Providing technical support for shared technology, systems, and Wi-Fi
- Creating and executing events (both member-focused and promotion-focused)
- Manage daily operation of the coworking space by:
- Ensuring equipment and supplies for office and kitchen are always adequately stocked
- Ensuring building maintenance and cleaning needs are met by the landlord
- Performing mail and package receiving, sorting and delivery
- Managing, evaluating and developing Assistant Hospitality and Events Manager
- Being on-call for any member emergencies that may arise and willing to work off-hours as needed for events
- Promote the occupancy and revenue goals of the coworking business through:
- Marketing initiatives to drive prospective member pipeline
- Tracking and follow up on prospective member leads, performing tours and onboarding members
- Networking and community outreach to educate prospects on the benefits of flexible workspace
- Generating weekly reporting as required
- Other tasks and projects as assigned based upon company need.
- Ability to manage space security and maintain confidentiality; must pass criminal background checks.
- Ability to multitask effectively and detail-oriented.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study.
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in a related field or equivalent business management experience.
- Experience in hospitality, retail management, property management or information systems helpdesk strongly preferred
- Experience in B2B sales desirable
- Traveling between properties and for errands will be required and as such a clean driving record is a must.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, innovation, ability to adapt to change and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency in using multiple office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, tenant portals and cloud-based communication, as well as computer literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (team player) with all levels of colleagues, members, and vendors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations, exhibit self-control in times of stress and maintain behavior in-line with company expectations for professionalism.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: www.rosenblumcompanies.com/reviews/
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.