At The Rosenblum Companies, we take our mission seriously to provide Better Spaces within the Capital District where people live and work. If you take pride in your work and enjoy being part of a team that is committed to excellence, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for!
Our team, based out of Great Oaks Office Park in Albany, NY, is collaborative, hard-working, and driven to exceed our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance-based increases, paid time off, fully paid employee health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, as well as a company-matched IRA. In addition, we are a fast-growing company with opportunities for advancement.
At this time, we have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician, with strong detail orientation and customer focus, to perform general building maintenance tasks for the first-class office and residential properties owned and/or operated by The Rosenblum Companies.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
- Operate commercial cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaners, rug cleaners and pressure washer
- Observe safety and mitigate liability by properly storing and handling all cleaning products
- Check and empty all common area trash receptacles in assigned location
- Dust, polish glass and metal surfaces, vacuum and mop assigned location
- Ensure all furnishings are clean and properly positioned before departing any assignment
- Inspect for and remove debris from common areas and before departure from any assignment
- Inspect the exterior of assigned location and properly dispose of any debris
- Perform emergency incident clean-up when required
- Deep & finish clean residential rental units, commercial tenant spaces, or other locations
- Perform pre- & post-construction cleaning as assigned
- Lift, load, and deliver furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Shovel walks and entrances during winter months to remove snow and ensure resident safety
- Be On-Call for snow events and emergency support
- Support needs at other locations or on other projects
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, accredited trade school, or relevant experience or apprenticeship training in lieu of education.
- Three (3) years of experience performing a variety of cleaning and other building maintenance duties in a commercial setting preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as needed as well as on-call for nights and weekends, during storms, and/or for emergency support.
- Reliable transportation to primary work location for core hours as well as for on call emergency or snow events. If a licensed driver, driver’s license must be unrestricted for insurance purposes.
- Ability to operate a variety of building maintenance and/or cleaning equipment and to properly handle cleaning supplies.
- Courteous and service-oriented manner to support a positive rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers). Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of general building systems and safe work practices.
- Basic computer and smartphone skills.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.