The Rosenblum Companies, a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner, is excited to expand by adding a full-time Property Accountant to the team! The Property Accountant will be in our employee-centric headquarters at Great Oaks Office Park, Albany, NY.
Reporting to the Controller and based at our corporate office, the Property Accountant will be responsible for the daily transactions of our property management company and its client companies.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this a perfect opportunity for you. This position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
- Performs Accounts Payable functions including the processing of invoices, coding to multiple cost centers and processing check runs.
- Performs accounts receivable tasks including bank deposits, tenant account billing and following up on receivables.
- Performs daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly financials for assigned properties.
- Assists the Manager of Accounting with yearly CAM reconciliations, year-end reporting and tenant billings in the commercial portfolio.
- Provides support to accountable parties for the budgeting process.
- Reconciles company credit cards, ensuring expenses are coded to the proper cost centers.
- Manages utility billings across the portfolio, including submetering for residential tenants.
- Maintains vendor data, W-9s and sales tax exemption forms.
- Processes 1099’s.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of accounting policies and procedures.
- Handles sensitive financial documents with care, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- In-depth understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Experience with Yardi preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Works collaboratively with all company team members and maintains positive relationships with tenants, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment while meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality; must pass credit and criminal background checks.
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization.
How to Apply: If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to email@example.com. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Google reviews: www.rosenblumcompanies.com/reviews/
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.