We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Property Manager at The News Apartments. The News is a historically sensitive conversion of the century-old Troy Record newspaper building and construction of a new addition to provide 101 modern market rate apartments with inspired finishes, oversized windows, and such features as dens, balconies, terraces and walk-in closets. The News also features a collection of building amenities unique amongst downtown apartment communities in the Capital Region, including fitness, bike storage, co-working, pet care and onsite parking, not to mention the best amenity of all, downtown Troy!
The Multifamily Property Manager (PM) provides strong leasing and management skills with an emphasis on customer service, tenant and community outreach, and property operations. Based at onsite management office(s), the PM promotes the company’s professional image as a provider of Better Spaces. The PM will achieve property management department objectives by ensuring high occupancy through lease-up of vacant units and renewal of existing tenancies, seamless client service and communication, property performance through preventative and corrective maintenance including vendor management, and compliance with company and regulatory policies, incorporating industry best practices.
- Responsible for leasing market rate apartments by showing available units, effectively communicating property’s uniqueness, amenities, location and lifestyle, at current and future upscale mixed-use properties.
- Ensures management office, common areas and model units are welcoming and operating efficiently.
- Uses property management software platform to facilitate and track rent roll activity, produce reporting, and track all communication with tenants and prospects.
- Processes applications, completes tenant onboarding and inspections upon move-in, expedites tenant service requests, organizes tenant social opportunities on- and off-property, and coordinates move-outs as needed.
- Works proactively to promote client satisfaction, provides a superior level of customer service in all interactions, follows through on tenant maintenance and other requests, and effectively resolves all issues.
- Updates and maintains organized property management files, forms, internal and tenant handbooks.
- Interacts positively with community and neighborhood; drives marketing and communication initiatives to ensure properties are viewed as highly desirable within the rental arena.
- Advises marketing and management team on marketing plans, leasing strategies, pricing and competition.
- Supervises onsite building maintenance, vendor services, and communicates proactively with all team members.
- Be on call for after-hours emergencies.
- Provides general support and coverage for multifamily and commercial Property Management team as required.
- Other tasks as assigned based upon company need.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study or equivalent relevant experience required.
- New York Real Estate Salesperson’s license.
- Experience in real estate and/or property management.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in using property management and office software including Yardi Voyager/CRM, Word, and Outlook as well as computer literacy and ease in learning new software and systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (team player) with all levels of employees, vendors and tenants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive files and maintain confidentiality; must pass criminal background checks.
- Ability to multitask effectively and detail-oriented.
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please provide your resume, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.