- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over one million square feet, is also a multi-year Best Places to Work award winner. We are pleased to offer an outstanding full-time opportunity for a Construction Senior Project Manager to join our team located in Great Oaks Office Park in Guilderland, NY.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team that always goes above and beyond, has innate attention to detail, and takes the long view in everything we do, this a perfect opportunity for you. The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, vision, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Construction Management, the Construction Senior Project Manager upholds The Rosenblum Companies’ track record of delivering successful projects with extraordinary quality and customer service. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of building construction/renovations, with an emphasis on quality, safety, performance/productivity, environmental stewardship, client experience, and bottom-line results.
- Manage all aspects of new development and existing property improvement projects from conception to completion, including client and vendor relationships, schedules, budgets, procedures, etc. through closeout.
- Effectively interpret design documents and contracts, identifying design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project issues.
- Perform estimating and material takeoffs and obtain bids/proposals to inform project budget.
- Work collaboratively with all company team members, design team, project stakeholders, and vendors to ensure coordinated progress; administer and track contracts/subcontracts to closeout.
- Develop and update project schedules to ensure all approval, design and construction milestones are identified and tracked. Consistently update internal team, clients, and all contractors and vendors to assess project progress, changes, and deliveries.
- Communicate, promote, and enforce safety protocols to ensure job sites consistently meet or exceed OSHA safety standards.
- Promote sustainability and energy-efficiency throughout construction operations.
- Identify all required municipal permit and inspection requirements and ensure that they are acquired/completed.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change orders, RFIs, submittals, certificates of insurance. Prepare and present project status reports, etc. with the assistance of the Project Coordinator.
- Address issues with material/finish selections and lead times with foresight toward avoiding schedule issues.
- Seek cost reduction and value engineering opportunities.
- Track and execute timely pay applications, pay requests, funding, invoices, and payments.
- Participate in project completion including walkthroughs, final payments, and closeout document delivery.
- Participate with TRC leadership team in implementing real estate development projects, including site/project evaluation, approvals, and design.
- 10+ years of experience managing ground-up construction projects of $5+ million required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study (Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering), with proven working experience in construction management; experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Passive House, NetZero, or other sustainable design construction projects, including a keen understanding of the products and systems utilized, as well as the construction execution requirements associated with projects of this nature.
- Solid track record of closing out multiple high-quality jobs on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to build and maintain quality relationships with clients, stakeholders, architects, engineers, sub-contractors, and team members.
- Experience in a general contracting and real estate development environment.
- Computer literate and able to learn new software. Proficient with typical construction and business applications such as Procore, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including a professional, respectful, and positive presentation style.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, initiative, work ethic, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.