- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
The Rosenblum Companies, a premier developer and full-service owner-operator of a growing portfolio of diverse properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet, is seeking a Vice President, Construction & Design to join the company’s leadership team.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Construction & Design upholds The Rosenblum Companies’ track record of creating and sustaining better spaces to build stronger communities. This critical member of our staff will execute important components of the company’s vision of continued growth, excellence, and environmental stewardship including advancing the company’s sustainable design and construction practice toward net zero carbon building practices.
The position offers a competitive base salary with incentive structure, along with industry-leading benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, 100% company-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, a company-matched retirement plan, and company-funded HSA, plus ongoing company-paid licensure, training, and career advancement opportunities. If you are looking to join an organization with a multi-year record of being a Best Places to Work award recipient, where your coworkers prize collaboration, always go above and beyond, have innate attention to detail, and take the long view in everything they do, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Lead department responsible for all aspects of new development, tenant improvement and property upgrade projects.
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team of project managers, superintendents and tradespeople with an eye toward retention and career development, as well as achievement of client and financial objectives.
- Strategically manage company relationships with outside general contractors, trade contractors and subcontractors.
- Source and manage design (architectural and engineering) relationships to ensure optimal project delivery.
- Lead the company’s research and evaluation of sustainable project design and construction methods (e.g., net zero, etc.).
- Uphold a culture of risk management and implement practices and plans to protect jobsites, workers and assets; assure that OSHA standards are met or exceeded.
- Set a high bar for project quality and long-term serviceability of building systems.
- Work collaboratively with all project team members while upholding company interests and assuring project objectives are met.
- Evaluate and implement systems, training, strategic recruitment, and evaluation of outsourcing versus self-perform opportunities.
- Implement departmental metrics, reporting methods and ensure achievement of project schedule, quality and budget/profit objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management).
- Ten years of experience managing ground-up construction projects of $5+ million.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and commitment to continuous learning and improvement. Experience with Passive House, NetZero or other sustainable design construction projects, including a keen understanding of the products and systems utilized, as well as the construction execution requirements associated with projects of this nature.
- Project estimating, bidding and negotiating experience.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate design documents and contracts, identifying deficiencies, schedule concerns and other project issues.
- Familiarity with both design-build and plan and spec projects, value engineering capabilities.
- Expertise in Procore or similar construction management applications.
- Expertise in Microsoft Project and/or similar CPM scheduling software and methods.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and other common office applications.
- OSHA 30 training.
- LEED, PMP or other relevant designations preferred.
- Solid track record of closing out multiple high-quality jobs on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to build and maintain quality relationships with clients, stakeholders, architects, engineers, sub-contractors, and team members.
- Experience and success in leading and managing multiple employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including a professional, respectful and positive presentation style.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Want to see what others say about us? Read our Google reviews here.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Disclaimer: The Rosenblum Companies do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of The Rosenblum Companies about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at The Rosenblum Companies via-email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Rosenblum Companies; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by The Rosenblum Companies as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.