- All Categories
- 17 Chapel
- Available Retail Space
- Building Improvements
- General News
- Green Initiatives
- Hone Coworks
- Office Environments
- Parade of Homes
- Rosenblum News
- The News Apartments
- ValuSpace Personal Storage
- Vanguard Showhouse
- Vicina - Modern Urban Flats
Why Your New Home Should Be a Condo
If you’re looking for housing, think beyond a house. There are many benefits to condo living that take advantage of the independence that it offers without the hassle of full maintenance. Imagine summers without moving the lawn and winters without shoveling the snow!
Other people are attracted by the luxury amenities that many condo homes offer. At 17 Chapel we offer an in-building gym, a heated garage, and a roof deck — luxuries you might not have in your own home. We also offer deals with local restaurants and the Hampton Inn next door, where you can enjoy their relaxation and fitness rooms.
There are some other points you may have not considered:
- Security. Especially if you are considering a condo as a second house that you might leave for months at a time, security is essential. Unlike living in the suburbs, having a condo home means that there are neighbors right next door.
- Home ownership. If you’re upgrading from an apartment, keep in mind that home ownership allows a lot of tax advantages unavailable to someone who merely pays rent. Condos at 17 Chapel offer a unique tax benefit under the 485(a) tax abatement program. Read more.
- Location! Condos are commonly found in cities where traditional homes are rarely found. 17 Chapel is the only luxury condominium project of its kind in downtown Albany. It’s the premiere address for access to fine dining, shopping, and nightlife.