About 17 Chapel Boutique Condominiums
17 Chapel St.
Albany, NY 12207
The original four-story, cast-in-place concrete building at 17 Chapel Street was built circa 1928 to house the Livermore-Traendly auto dealership and repair shop. but had more recently fallen into disrepair following numerous changes in ownership and use. Rosenblum acquired the property in 2008 and construction on the $9 million redevelopment began in 2010. The building now stands seven stories tall with a new three-story steel vertical addition atop the original four-story structure. The first and second floors house a fitness center, 38 reserved parking spaces, and storage units inside a heated garage. 24 condominium units are located on floors three through seven, with a roof deck at the eighth-floor level. Each of the 24 condominiums was custom designed and built to owner specification; the last new unit sold in 2015. “17 Chapel” is downtown Albany’s first luxury condominium building. A catalyst for the City’s urban housing renaissance, the Albany Business Review recognized 17 Chapel as one of “50 Projects That Are Reshaping Life and Business in the Capital Region.”